Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Why do you think Gramps allows Sal to drive to Lewiston by herself? If you had been Gramps, what would you have done?

I think Grampa allowed Sal to drive to Lewiston all by herself because Gramps knew how important going to Lewiston was to to Sal. It seemed that Gramps knew that it was extremely significant to Sal to get to Lewiston in time for her mother's birthday. I also think that Gramps didn't want Sal to be right there if Gram died. I don't think Gramps wanted Sal to witness another major loss at such a young age then and there (in the hospital). If I were Gramps, then I would let Sal go as well, for the same reasons that I think Gramps did.

How does Mrs. Patridge's visit with the girls clear up some of the mystery? How dod you feel when you learned this information?

Mrs. Patridge's visit with the girls clears up some of the mystery because they find out that Mrs. Patridge was delivering the messages on Phoebe's porch. The find out that Mrs. Cadaver wrote the messages, while Mrs. Patridge picked them out of the newspapers. I feel slightly saddened when I've learned this information, because the story isn't as supensing as before. Though, I was quite surprised when I found out that it was Mrs. Patridge delivering the message and not someone else. I didn't think Mrs. Patridge was much of an important character until then. I guess you can't judge a book by its cover!

Do you think the sheriff in Lewiston does the right thing when he learns that Sal has driven there herself? Explain your answer.

I think the sheriff in Lewiston did that right thing when he learns that Sal has driven there herself. This is obviously my opinion and mostly based on the fact that I would do what the sheriff did. If I heard Sal's story from a sheriff's or police officer's point-of-view, then I would feel sympathetic and not send her off to jail. Obviously like the sheriff, I'd feel better giving her a lecture about underaged driving. I think it was also a good idea for him (the sheriff) to be sympahtetic and kind, but also calm and serious. I think the sheriff in Lewiston did that right thing by acting the way he did.

No comments: